A HEARTFELT PRAYER FOR YOU FROM PROVERBS 1 FOR SEPTEMBER 1

Thank you, Lord, for Your wisdom in Proverbs. I am forever appreciative of the life-giving instruction and understanding this precious book brings to me. I know You want it to be an indispensable part of my life so I ask You to help me hear Your words today. As I do, I will increase in learning.
 
Help me remember my mother and father's wise words. Lead me to receive wise advice and have an appropriate reverence for You in my life. When I do, You will entrust supernatural information to me. Help me avoid being foolish by rejecting Your wisdom and instruction.
 
Open my eyes to see when sinners cross my path simply to tempt me. If that happens, I choose to immediately take a stand and say no. When they talk persuasively and promise all kinds of success to me, I trust You will stand by me in opposition to them. I don't want to become one of them. Direct my steps and keep me far away from these harmful associations. Keep my feet from heading in the wrong direction.
 
Lord, are there sinners in my life right now who are trying to persuade me to do the wrong thing? Please show me who they are. I need Your help to keep me free from their influence.
 
Help me to avoid greed because this kind of selfishness takes away the life that is inside me. Instead, let me conquer greed by becoming a giver.
 
Is there any area of greed in my life today, Lord? Please show me. Send opportunities for me to give today. I ask to be sensitive to hear what wisdom has to say. I don't want to be foolish by hating knowledge. It is my desire to heed Your warning and to change through wisdom's lessons. Pour Your Spirit on me and show me Your words.
 
Lord, I choose to listen to Your wisdom today. I will not disdain or disregard it. As I do, I trust You will keep me from tragedy and terror. Because I fear You and love knowledge, I am confident You will hear me when I call to You. When I seek You diligently, I will find You. What a privilege it is to follow You and Your wisdom.
 
Father, help me listen clearly to Your wisdom so I can dwell safely and securely, without fear of evil.
 
- John Mason, from the book, Proverbs Prayers

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new week, worth starting with a. New inspiration From John Mason's, Know Your Limits, Then Ignore Them